Heath PTO Meetings
Heath PTO Community Meetings
Heath PTO meetings are open to everyone in the Heath community, including parents and caregivers, and faculty and staff. The meetings often feature presentations from the Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers and Teaching Specialists, and Community Members.
In the past, Heath PTO "First Friday Coffee Hours" normally happened on the first Friday of each month at 8:05 am in the Cafeteria. Since we cannot meet in person, we will instead host a number of virtual PTO community sessions on Zoom. Our objective is to share and discuss major PTO milestones and plans but also give everyone the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas. Zoom details will be shared a week prior to the event.
School Year 2021-2022
- 10/12/2021 - Presentation - Topics discussed included health and safety, MCAS results, schoolyard cleanup, where the money raised by the PTO goes each year, and more. Presenters included Heath principal Dr. Asa Sevelius, Heath nurse Gail Corcoran. Our guest speaker was Dr. Ben Linas, an infectious disease specialist and Heath parent.
- 12/14/2021 @ 6 pm on Zoom - Our guest speaker will be Dr. Susan Parks-Cohen, a licensed psychologist and Heath parent, who will present on COVID-19 stress and burnout for students and parents/guardians.
- 02/08/2022 @ 6 pm on Zoom
- 04/12/2022 @ 6 pm on Zoom
- 06/14/2022 @ 6 pm on Zoom
School Year 2020-2021
Heath School Site Council Meetings
All in the Heath School community are welcome to attend the Heath School Site Council meetings. The agenda and Zoom link for these meetings will be posted for the public to access on the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=105) prior to the meeting date.
- Heath School Site Council Webpage
- Heath School Improvement Plan - Winter 2021 - Spring 2024 (in process)
- Heath School Improvement Plan - Fall 2017 - Spring 2020
School Year 2021-2022 - Meeting Agendas
- 12/10/2021 @ 8:30-9:45 am on Zoom
- 03/18/2022 @ 8:30-9:45 am
- 05/13/2022 @ 8:30-9:45 am
School Year 2020-2021 - Meeting Agendas
- 10/09/2020 - Write-up
Brookline Superintendent and Parent Leaders Meetings
Parent leaders from across the PSB district are invited to a monthly information-sharing meeting with the PSB Superintendent. Typically, the parent leaders are the PTO leadership at each school as well as the elected parent representatives to each School Site Council. The list of parent leaders is maintained by Betsy Fitzpatrick, Assistant to the Superintendent, who is also responsible for scheduling the meetings and sending out invitations. On occasion, a Heath representative may share notes of the meeting here.
- 12-02-2020 - Meeting Notes
Brookline School Committee Meetings
The Brookline School Committee meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. There are various meetings, including of the full committee, subcommittees, expert advisory panels, and the ad hoc task forces. Community members are also encouraged to provide public comment. All full School Committee meetings are broadcast live by Brookline Interactive (BIG) and recordings are posted online. See the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=110) for information about the date, time, and agenda of upcoming meetings.
- Friday, December 10
- Tuesday, December 14
- Thursday, December 16
- Wednesday, December 22
- Tuesday, February 8
- Friday, March 18
- Tuesday, April 12
- Friday, May 13
- Tuesday, June 14
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!