Heath PTO Meetings
Heath PTO meetings are open to everyone in the Heath community, including parents and caregivers, and faculty and staff. The meetings often feature presentations from the Principal, Vice-Principal, teachers and teaching specialists, and community members. Our objective is to share and discuss major PTO milestones and plans but also give everyone the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas.
Next Heath PTO Community Meeting
- Fri 12/1/23, 8:15 am
- In person in the school cafeteria
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend. Please join us.
Meetings for the 2023-2024 school year are scheduled and on the PTO calendar. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
- Friday, 9/8/2023 at 8:15 am - Agenda / Volunteer Signup
- Tuesday, 10/3/2023 at 6:00 pm - Presentation Slides
- Friday, 12/1/2023 at 8:15 am - In person in the school cafeteria
- Tuesday, 2/6/2023 at 6:00 pm - Remote on Zoom
- Friday, 4/5/2023 at 8:15 am - In person in the school cafeteria
- Tuesday, 5/7/2023 at 6:00 pm - Remote on Zoom
- Friday, 6/7/2023 at 8:15 am - In person in the school cafeteria
School Year 2022-2023
School Year 2021-2022
- 10/12/2021 - Presentation - Topics discussed included health and safety, MCAS results, schoolyard cleanup, where the money raised by the PTO goes each year, and more. Presenters included Heath principal Dr. Asa Sevelius, Heath nurse Gail Corcoran. Our guest speaker was Dr. Ben Linas, an infectious disease specialist and Heath parent.
- 12/14/2021 - Presentation - Our guest speaker, Dr. Susan Parks-Cohen, a licensed psychologist and Heath parent, presented on COVID-19 stress and burnout for students and parents/guardians. Dr. Sevelius discussed the Heath School name and the new School Improvement Plan. And PTO leaders shared about upcoming events, our annual budget, the Heath Hawk Fund, and fall grants.
- 02/08/2022 - Presentation - We welcomed PSB Superintendent Dr. Linus Guillory as our guest speaker. We also heard updates from Dr. Sevelius on the COVID, the Heath School name, and faculty learning, and from PTO leaders on the Heath Hawk Fund, calls for volunteers, and the upcoming Heath Science Fair and associated Heath Science Fair Spiritwear.
- 05/10/2022 - Presentation - Lynda Roseman and Dave Gacioch filled us in on how town government works, especially as it relates to the schools. Dr. Sevelius updated us on hiring, professional development, and the Heath School name conversation. And the PTO provided updates on the spring grant cycle, the PTO budget, and some upcoming events (outdoor movie night, used book fair). Finally, we announced the winners of the PTO raffle for tickets to the US Open.
- 06/17/2022 - In person in the Heath School cafeteria (no slide presentation). We heard from PTO leaders about volunteer needs for next school year, the PTO sprint grant awards, and Alex Gitungano shared about his work with the Justice Health Initiative.
School Year 2020-2021
Brookline Superintendent and Parent Leaders Meetings
Parent leaders from across the PSB district are invited to a monthly information-sharing meeting with the PSB Superintendent. Typically, the parent leaders are the PTO leadership at each school as well as the elected parent representatives to each School Site Council. The list of parent leaders is maintained by Betsy Fitzpatrick, Assistant to the Superintendent, who is also responsible for scheduling the meetings and sending out invitations. On occasion, a Heath representative may share notes of the meeting here.
- 12-02-2020 - Meeting Notes
Brookline School Committee Meetings
The Brookline School Committee meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. There are various meetings, including of the full committee, subcommittees, expert advisory panels, and the ad hoc task forces. Community members are also encouraged to provide public comment. All full School Committee meetings are broadcast live by Brookline Interactive (BIG) and recordings are posted online. See the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=110) for information about the date, time, and agenda of upcoming meetings.
- Friday, December 1
- Monday, December 4
- Tuesday, December 5
- Wednesday, December 6
- Thursday, December 7
- Friday, December 8
- Monday, December 11
- Thursday, January 18
- Wednesday, January 24
- Tuesday, February 6
- Wednesday, February 7
- Friday, February 23
Your tax-deductible donations help ensure our school community stays connected and continues to have the resources needed to thrive.
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!