Heath PTO Meetings
Heath PTO Community Meeting
Our last PTO community meeting of the school year will be in person at the Heath School on Friday, June 17 at 8:05 am. We hope to see you there.
- Fri 6/17/22, 8:05 am
- In Person in the Heath Cafeteria
Heath School Site Council Meeting
No more meetings for the 2021-2022 school year. We look forward to you joining in next year. In the meantime, check out our new School Improvement Plan and our past meeting agendas in the School Site Council section below.
Heath PTO Community Meetings
Heath PTO meetings are open to everyone in the Heath community, including parents and caregivers, and faculty and staff. The meetings often feature presentations from the Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers and Teaching Specialists, and Community Members.
In the past, Heath PTO "First Friday Coffee Hours" normally happened on the first Friday of each month at 8:05 am in the Cafeteria. Since it was harder to meet in person, we instead hosted a number of virtual PTO community sessions on Zoom. Our objective was to share and discuss major PTO milestones and plans but also give everyone the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas. Zoom details were shared a week prior to the event. But now our final meeting of the school year will be back in person.
School Year 2021-2022
- 10/12/2021 - Presentation - Topics discussed included health and safety, MCAS results, schoolyard cleanup, where the money raised by the PTO goes each year, and more. Presenters included Heath principal Dr. Asa Sevelius, Heath nurse Gail Corcoran. Our guest speaker was Dr. Ben Linas, an infectious disease specialist and Heath parent.
- 12/14/2021 - Presentation - Our guest speaker, Dr. Susan Parks-Cohen, a licensed psychologist and Heath parent, presented on COVID-19 stress and burnout for students and parents/guardians. Dr. Sevelius discussed the Heath School name and the new School Improvement Plan. And PTO leaders shared about upcoming events, our annual budget, the Heath Hawk Fund, and fall grants.
- 02/08/2022 - Presentation - We welcomed PSB Superintendent Dr. Linus Guillory as our guest speaker. We also heard updates from Dr. Sevelius on the COVID, the Heath School name, and faculty learning, and from PTO leaders on the Heath Hawk Fund, calls for volunteers, and the upcoming Heath Science Fair and associated Heath Science Fair Spiritwear.
- 05/10/2022 - Presentation - Lynda Roseman and Dave Gacioch filled us in on how town government works, especially as it relates to the schools. Dr. Sevelius updated us on hiring, professional development, and the Heath School name conversation. And the PTO provided updates on the spring grant cycle, the PTO budget, and some upcoming events (outdoor movie night, used book fair). Finally, we announced the winners of the PTO raffle for tickets to the US Open.
- 06/17/2022 @ 8:05 am in person at Heath School Cafeteria (note date and location change)
School Year 2020-2021
Heath School Site Council Meetings
All in the Heath School community are welcome to attend the Heath School Site Council meetings. The agenda and Zoom link for these meetings will be posted for the public to access on the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=105) prior to the meeting date.
School Year 2021-2022 - Meeting Agendas
- 10/08/2021 @ 8:30-9:45 am
- 12/10/2021 @ 8:30-9:45 am
- 03/18/2022 @ 8:30-9:45 am
- 05/13/2022 @ 8:30-9:45 am
School Year 2020-2021 - Meeting Agendas
- 10/09/2020 - Write-up
Brookline Superintendent and Parent Leaders Meetings
Parent leaders from across the PSB district are invited to a monthly information-sharing meeting with the PSB Superintendent. Typically, the parent leaders are the PTO leadership at each school as well as the elected parent representatives to each School Site Council. The list of parent leaders is maintained by Betsy Fitzpatrick, Assistant to the Superintendent, who is also responsible for scheduling the meetings and sending out invitations. On occasion, a Heath representative may share notes of the meeting here.
- 12-02-2020 - Meeting Notes
Brookline School Committee Meetings
The Brookline School Committee meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. There are various meetings, including of the full committee, subcommittees, expert advisory panels, and the ad hoc task forces. Community members are also encouraged to provide public comment. All full School Committee meetings are broadcast live by Brookline Interactive (BIG) and recordings are posted online. See the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=110) for information about the date, time, and agenda of upcoming meetings.
The 2021-2022 Heath Hawk Fund is open. Please consider making a donation today!
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!