Heath PTO Meetings
Heath PTO Community Meetings
Heath PTO meetings are open to everyone in the Heath community, especially parents and caregivers. The meetings often feature presentations from the Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers and Teaching Specialists, and Community Members.
Heath PTO "First Friday Coffee Hours" normally happen on the first Friday of each month at 8:05am in the Cafeteria. First Friday Coffee will be a bit different this year since we cannot meet in person. We will host three PTO Community Zoom sessions. Our objective is to share and discuss major PTO milestones and plans but also give everyone the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas. Zoom details will be shared a week prior to the event on the Heath PTO Calendar.
- Friday, December 11, 2020, 8:15-9:00 am on Zoom - Calendar Event / Meeting Recording / Principal's Presentation Slides
- Friday, February 5, 2021, 8:15-9:00 am on Zoom - Calendar Event / Meeting Recording / Principal's Presentation Slides
- Friday, May 14, 2021, 8:15-9:00 am on Zoom - Calendar Event / Meeting Recording / Principal's Presentation Slides
Heath School Site Council Meetings
All in the Heath School community are welcome to attend the Heath School Site Council meetings. The agenda and Zoom link for these meetings will be posted for the public to access on the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=105) prior to the meeting date.
- Friday, October 9, 2020, 8:30-9:45 am on Zoom - Calendar Event / Meeting Write-up
- Friday, December 4, 2020, 8:30-9:45 am on Zoom - Calendar Event
- Friday, March 5, 2021, 8:30-9:45 am on Zoom - Calendar Event
- Friday, May 21, 2021, 8:30-9:45 am on Zoom
Brookline Superintendent and Parent Leaders Meetings
Parent leaders from across the PSB district are invited to a monthly information-sharing meeting with the PSB Superintendent. Typically, the parent leaders are the PTO leadership at each school as well as the elected parent representatives to each School Site Council. The list of parent leaders is maintained by Betsy Fitzpatrick, Assistant to the Superintendent, who is also responsible for scheduling the meetings and sending out invitations. On occasion, a Heath representative may share notes of the meeting here.
- 12-02-2020 - Superintendent and Parent Leaders Meeting
Brookline School Committee Meetings
The Brookline School Committee meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. There are various meetings, including of the full committee, subcommittees, expert advisory panels, and the ad hoc task forces. Community members are also encouraged to provide public comment. All full School Committee meetings are broadcast live by Brookline Interactive (BIG) and recordings are posted online. See the Brookline Town calendar (https://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=110) for information about the date, time, and agenda of upcoming meetings.
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!