Heath School PTO Fundraising
Your school PTO depends on funding from you — our families — to run school community events, student enrichment programs, and to support classrooms. The PTO invests $200 per student, each year, to ensure that all students have an excellent learning experience at Heath School. Thank you for your gift!
All gifts are fully tax-deductible.
How does the PTO raise money?
The majority of funds are raised through the Heath Hawk Fund Drive (our biggest fundraiser and the only one without any overhead). On average, 45-50% of families contribute during the Heath Hawk Fund Drive. Our goal is 100% participation. The annual Heath Hawk Fund Drive generally begins on the first Tuesday in December (Giving Tuesday) and concludes at the end of February.
The PTO generally organizes a few volunteer-led special events that can include some fundraising aspects, such as book fairs, International Night, Skate Night, and Mayfair. Heath community members can raise additional money for the PTO and the school by shopping with AmazonSmile and scanning their grocery receipts with Box Tops for Education products.
How are Heath Hawk Fund dollars granted to the school community?
Each item, activity, upgrade, program, and committee supported by the PTO is formally requested through a grant process. There are two grant cycles: one in the fall and one in the spring.
Anyone in the Heath community is eligible to apply for a grant. The PTO receives applications from students, parents, teachers, specialists, and more. The grant proposals are first presented in a public forum by applicants. The entire Heath community is invited to attend these presentations! In a separate meeting, grant applications are reviewed by a volunteer PTO leadership panel who must decide which will receive funding. The panel aims to support a broad range of initiatives and enrich the student experience at Heath. The PTO funds as many grants as The Heath Hawk Fund can afford.
Your Donations At Work!
Programs Made Possible by the Heath Hawk Fund
Many of your children’s favorite programs, activities, events, and supplies, are fully or partially funded by the Heath Hawk Fund. Thank you for Helping Heath Soar!
The Heath Hawk Fund provides funding for:
- Classroom Technology: iPads and Accessories, 3D Printer, Scientific Instruments, and More
- Classroom Supplies ($200 Gift Cards Per Teacher)
- Community Gathering Events: Back to School BBQ, Celebration of Books, Family Dances, Gallery Night, Family Skate, International Night
- New Books, Poetry Workshops, Library Programs, Literacy Materials, & Author Visits
- The Heath Makerspace/STEAM Lab Supplies
- Zones of Regulation Supplies, Flexible Seating, & Executive Functioning Support
- Sports & Recess Enhancements and Equipment: Gaga Pit, Gym Scoreboard, Playground Supply Recess Bin
- Subsidized Funds for Students in Need
- Educator Stipends & Grants to Travel and Attend Conferences
- Special Committees: Including the Diversity Committee, the Social Action Committee, & the Go Green Environmental Education Committee
- Student Involvement in Local Charities
- Programs Such As CAP & Mindfulness
- La Chispa/The Spark Literary Magazine Featuring Heath Student Work
- Heath School Directory Online
- METCO Program Connections
- Classroom Technology Subscriptions: Brain POP, Razz Kids, & Reflex Math
- Field Trip Cost Subsidies & Bus Transports
- Washer & Dryer for School Use
- Performing Artists and Cultural Visits
- Science Day and Science Fair
- Community Garden
- The Middle School Model UN Club
- Eighth Grade Yearbook & Graduation
- Monthly First Friday Coffees with the Principal and Administration (Please join us at 8:05 am in the Cafeteria)
- ... and more!
What else would you like to see at Heath? The PTO encourages you to submit a grant application!
The 2021-2022 Heath Hawk Fund is open. Please consider making a donation today!
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!