Heath School PTO during Coronavirus
Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force
The School Committee's Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force meets weekly on Fridays from 9:30 - 11:00 AM and the meetings are open to the public.
The agenda and virtual meeting links for all School Committee meetings—including regular School Committee meetings, subcommittee meetings, Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force meetings, and now also the Expert Advisory Panels meetings—are published in advance on the Town calendar. So if you can, please do listen in and submit comments or questions.
The Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force is continuing to meet every Friday during the school year, and everyone is welcome to join when you can. As of September 8, 2020, the Heath PTO is no longer sending out meeting summaries in order to limit the amount of information parents receive. Past meeting summaries were written by Eli Silk (parent of current 5th and 7th graders), a Heath School parent representative on the Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force. If you have a perspective that would be relevant to the Task Force, please reach out to Eli to share your thoughts.
- August 28 & September 4, 2020 meetings summary
- August 21, 2020 meeting summary
- August 14, 2020 meeting summary
- August 7, 2020 meeting summary
- July 31, 2020 meeting summary
- July 24, 2020 meeting summary
- July 10 & 17, 2020 meetings summaries
- June 26, 2020 meeting summary
- June 19, 2020 meeting summary
- June 12, 2020 meeting summary
- June 5, 2020 meeting summary (please excuse the incorrect title for this summary)
- May 15 & 22, 2020 meetings summaries
- May 8, 2020 meeting summary
- May 1, 2020 meeting summary
** NOTE: Remote learning—and today’s home, school, and work environment more generally—presents a range of unexpected challenges that are unprecedented in our lifetimes. All stakeholders in our school district are working hard to serve our students as best they can, but the challenges are complex and the situation is continually evolving. The Ad Hoc Remote Learning Task Force meetings are each 90 minutes and include substantive discussions on a range of topics, but because the Heath PTO wants to keep you informed while respecting that you have many important issues seeking your attention, these summaries are necessarily brief and simplified. If you would like to learn more, additional links are provided below. **
Useful Links to Find Out More
Public Schools of Brookline (PSB)
Brookline School Committee (SC)
- Ad Hoc Task Force on Remote Learning and Expert Advisory Panels
- SC Upcoming Calendar Events
- SC Meeting Materials
- SC Meeting Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
- SC Meeting live streams by the Brookline Interactive Group
- SC Past Meeting Videos on Brookline Interactive Group’s YouTube page
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
Brookline Educators Union
Town of Brookline
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!