Consider volunteering for this important role in the coming year. To sign up to be a room parent for the 2021/2022 school year, please email our Room Parent Coordinator your full name, your child’s name, and your child’s classroom assignment:
Room Parent Fall Responsibilities
- Meet with the teachers at the beginning of the school year
- Introduce yourselves at the Open House as the room parents to the classroom parents and caregivers
- Consult the Heath online directory for your class lists, parent names, and emails
- Coordinate a class potluck dinner
Room Parent Year-Long Responsibilities
- Coordinate coffee and breakfast treats for ONE of Heath’s Monthly PTO Meeting
- Assist teachers as needed in recruiting volunteers for field trips, in-class activities, etc.
- Aide communication for families through class specific communications from teacher or PTO leadership
- Check in with teacher periodically about classroom needs or help
- Coordinate class gifts
- Communicate any new wish-lists the teachers may created for December and for Spring
- 1st grade helps the PTO host the Welcome Back BBQ in late September
- 7th grade room parents host the 8th grade graduation reception
- 8th grade room parents help to coordinate the communications necessary to support the 8th grade trip and graduation. Fundraising efforts are shared by parents and 8th grade students.
All School Room Parent Responsibilities
- Reach out to all specialists and Dr. Sevelius at the beginning of the school year
- Introduce yourselves at the Open House as the all - school room parents to the classroom parents and caregivers
All School Room Parent Year-Long Responsibilities
- Assist front office, specialists and educators as needed in recruiting volunteers for activities, projects, etc.
- Aide communication for families through class specific communications from specialists or PTO leadership
- Check in with specialists periodically about classroom needs or help
- Coordinate any gifts
- Communicate any new wish-lists the specialists may created for December and for Spring
- Wednesday, June 1
- Friday, June 3
- Friday, June 17
- Tuesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 23
The 2021-2022 Heath Hawk Fund is open. Please consider making a donation today!
Why support your PTO?
The Heath Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a parent-run group that organizes and funds dozens of initiatives and enrichment programs for our children at Heath. Join other parents in helping make your child's school an excellent one!